THE HEART OF EUROPE
THE CÔTE D’AZUR HOTEL
(MAIN EUROPE ISLAND)
The Côte d’Azur Hotel will be located on Main Europe Island at The Heart of Europe, 4km off the coast of Dubai.
Main Europe, the largest island at The Heart of Europe, will be home to an exciting selection of luxury hotels, beautiful marinas, pristine white sandy beaches, cafes, restaurants, shops, boutiques and a host of premium quality entertainment facilities.
One of the most unique features on the island will be the ground-breaking climate control technology which will transform narrow cobbled streets and picturesque plazas into a truly authentic European climate. Taking inspiration from some of Europe’s most charming cities and beachside destinations, visitors to the island will be able to experience and enjoy the very best of different countries around each corner! From themed street cafes and boutiques to exclusive beach clubs and hotels, Main Europe Island offers a taste of France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Denmark and Switzerland to name just a few countries!
Key attractions on the island include The Côte d’Azur Hotel, The Mont Royal Hotel and various European themed boutique hotels and a variety of captivating live entertainment and events throughout the year.
THE CÔTE D’AZUR HOTEL
The Heart of Europe will be home to The Côte d’Azur, a luxury five star deluxe beach hotel with over 600 keys. The contemporary hotel resort will offer a choice of deluxe and superior deluxe suites. The prestigious holiday destination will be one of the island’s exclusive hotspots!
The design of the hotel takes inspiration from modern day Mediterranean architecture. Synonymous with The Côte d’Azur (The Blue Coast in the south of France), the hotel will incorporate key features from some of southern Europe’s most impressive architecture and design. In addition, the hotel will boast high quality specifications throughout and sustainable state-of-the-art technology.
The Côte d’Azur Hotel will be located on one of the prime beachfront areas of Main Europe Island at The Heart of Europe, close to the Main Gate and within walking distance of the amphitheatre. Special features at the hotel will include picturesque courtyards, swimming pools, landscaped gardens, a beautiful white sandy beach, childrens clubs, watersports, diving and snorkeling facilities. What’s more, Côte d’Azur guests will be able to dine at a variety of different Mediterranean style beach cafes and speciality restaurants and enjoy a host of shopping facilities on their doorstep.
The hotel will boast west orientation and all accommodation will offer either breathtaking sea and Dubai skyline views or overlook the adjacent European style street which will be home to luxury boutiques, cafes and restaurants. The Côte d’Azur Hotel will be the perfect holiday destination for couples, groups and families as it is ideally located on the vibrant island of Main Europe, close to an abundance of amenities to suit all individual tastes and interests.
The hotel will be operated and fully managed by a leading European hospitality brand.
THE HEART OF EUROPE
The Heart of Europe in Dubai is the world’s only island destination that brings together the very best of European designs, heritage and hospitality in a truly breathtaking and unique setting.
More than just a destination, The Heart of Europe will offer a lifestyle like no other and be a beautiful tranquil haven that captures the very essence of European living to create a memorable vacation experience that goes beyond the imagination.
The Heart of Europe is a cluster of six islands on The World in Dubai. A global landmark, made up of 300 islands reclaimed from the sea in the shape of the world map, it is an iconic collection of private and resort islands, located 4km off the coast of Dubai.
The Heart of Europe is based on destinations across Europe, spread over the islands of Germany, Monaco, Sweden, Switzerland, St Petersburg and Main Europe, each of which boast a unique design. The islands are a celebration of the continent’s artistic and cultural treasures, with each one capturing a different facet of Europe’s culture, character and ambience.
Home to some of the world’s most exclusive homes, luxury hotels, shops, boutiques, marinas, white sandy beaches, cafes, restaurants and a variety of premium quality entertainment for all age groups and individual interests, The Heart of Europe will be one of the most idyllic island holiday retreats in the world.
The project will set a new benchmark for sustainability and innovation – incorporating green features, solar power and state-of-the-art technology.
The Heart of Europe is set to become one of the world’s most environmentally and forward thinking destinations.
- The world’s only man-made island destination shaped as the world map in the middle of a tranquil haven. • In 2003, The World was announced by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Ruler and Vice President of the UAE. • Nakheel Properties was appointed as Master Developer. • Approx 300 small islands reclaimed from the sea. • Spans 9km in width by 7km in length and 4km from the Dubai coast. • The World adds an additional 232km of beachfront to Dubai’s natural 67km coastline. • The development has been formed by placing 320 million cubic metres of sand and 34 billion tonnes of large rocks. • The World covers millions of sq. ft. • The Heart of Europe is made up of six islands. • The World and The Heart of Europe merges magnificent history, culture, art and traditions into one unparalleled island destination
– truly bridging the gap between the east and the west. • The average distance between islands is 100 metres and water depth is 15 metres on average. • There are six openings in the breakwater allowing for water flow and circulation. • 54km of new rocky reef marine habitat has been added, due to the fact that the area is bursting with marine life. • The entire project spans approximately 9km in width by 7km in length. • The development is visible to the naked eye from space.
The Heart of Europe
- The world’s first outdoor climate controlled areas with rain and snow lined streets.
- The currency on the islands will be the Euro.
- European inspired streets, plazas, marinas and boardwalks.
- A selection of European themed five, six and seven star hotels.
- The Mont Royal Hotel – a five star luxury hotel exclusively for adults with children.
- A plethora of outdoor activities including watersports, snorkelling, diving, sailing etc.
- Unique European food and beverage concepts.
- A wide range of luxury European boutiques and designer shops.
- A permanent circus operated by a leading European brand.
- An underwater museum which will showcase the best of Dubai’s heritage.
- Exotic wildlife and marine life– guests can get up close and personal to a variety of different species.
- 10 different varieties of ancient Mediterranean olive trees.
- An annual calendar of events and activities including some of Europe’s most talented street performers, artists and musicians.
CLIMATE CONTROLLED STREETS
The Heart of Europe in Dubai will be home to the world’s first climate controlled streets.
Areas of the islands will use state-of-the-art German technology and the outdoor climate controlled boulevard has been designed by Germany’s Fraunhofer Institute, one of the world’s leading environmental science research organisations who have been developing this technology since 2009.
The system works by redirecting return air from buildings and hotels to air vents lining the streets. Water will then be filtered from the condensation pipe to produce the effect of rain. Instead of blowing cold air on our visitors to bring the temperature down from 50 to 27 degrees in the summer The Heart of Europe will use rain and snow. As cold air is heavier than hot air, this will enable people to walk outdoors all-year-round.
This exciting concept has not been seen in Dubai before and guests will be able to experience true European seasonal weather at The Heart of Europe!